recorded 25 September 2008
This episode’s guest is Paul Natkin, the Interim Executive Director of the Chicago Music Commission, a not for profit organization representing all aspects of music in Chicago. The focus of the interview is an explanation and update on the proposed event promoter ordinance in the City of Chicago. Topics in this episode include:
- Background on the Chicago Music Commission
- History of the Proposed Ordinance to May 2008
- Breakdown of changes to the July 2007 ordinance
- The disconnect – Two issues
- Licensed PPA and Independent Promoters – does the one cancel the other?
- Economic and Cultural impact
- When the ordinance is passed
Links from the show
This interview will conclude next episode.
Questions? Comments? Thoughts? Call the Comments From the Podcast Gallery voicemail line at 630.492.0487 and let me know what you think. Also, you can subscribe to the show via iTunes and if you do, please review the show too, I’d appreciate it.
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.