recorded 25 September 2008
This episode is Part 2 of the interview with the Interim Executive Director of Chicago Music Commission, Paul Natkin and the the commission’s stance on the proposed Event Promoter ordinance being drafted for the City of Chicago. Topics discussed are:
- Progress on the commission’s three points sent to the committee about the proposed ordinance in May 2008
- 18 or 21? What’s the proposed ordinance say?
- Licensing isn’t an issue
- Insurance costs overly prohibitive
- Alternate recommendations to the ordinance as it stands
- Promoter Registry
- Standard contract between Venues and Independent Promoters
- Licensed/Certified Security for all Venues
- Promoter’s Survey on the CMC website
- Good changes made since May
- The next Musician’s at Work Forum on October 6
Music in this episode
The music in this episode is by one of the Chicago Music Commission Board Members Rachel Barton Pine, Medley of Scots Tunes w/ Alasdair Fraser from the album Scottish Fantasies for Violin and Orchestra. You can also find Rachel Barton Pine on MySpace. Music provided courtesy of Ariel Publicity and Cyber PR.
Check out special Podcastathon benefiting the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research fund being put on by the Geek is Chic Podcast, hosted by Andrea Zuniga.
If you’d like to become a member of the Podcast Gallery, you can call and leave comments, question and thoughts on the Comments from the Podcast Gallery hotline at 630.492.0487. Come be a part of the show.
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.