Recorded 31 March 2009
This episode is the first half of an interview with Alice Peacock, singer-songwriter and past president of the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) and Bruce Iglauer, Founder and President of Alligator Records, the world’s largest independent Blues Record Label.
Some of what we discuss in this episode of With A Voice Like This:
- What HR-848 is all about
- What the breakdown of royalty payouts
- How the Payouts are handled (Master owner, performer, etc.)
- Perspectives of Indie Labels and performers
- Shrinking business of recording music
- Does HR-848 go far enough?
- History of Performance Rights Organizations
- Reply to the ‘radio free promotion for the music and musicians’ stance
If you’d like to learn more about Alice Peacock and her music, you can go to AlicePeacock.com and to learn more about Alligator records, you can go to AlligatorRecords.com.
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.