Recorded 18 August 2009
On this episode of With A Voice Like This:
Comments from the Podcast Gallery
- Some feedback about eJAMMING AUDiiO from Mike Townson, musician, student, eJamming intern and member of the Dallas based band, Blue Condition.
At Any Rate
- A look at the 40th anniversary of Woodstock from a slightly different perspective, comparing and contrasting the role of artist development from the to now. Based on Paul Natkin’s Woodstock blog entry.
Tribute to Les Paul
Unless you’ve been on another planet this past week, you’ve probably heard about the Passing of Les Paul last Thursday at age 94. Here is are some links that truly show who the man was and what his achievements were. Arguably best know as one of the innovators of the solid body guitar, he was also the pioneer of Sound on Sound recording (overdubbing) Multi track recording and a great guitarist and musician. Here is a list of links visited in the show:
- Les Paul on Wikipedia
- YouTube video of Les Paul and Mary Ford performing one of their biggest hits How High the Moon live
- Les Paul’s bio on LesPaulOnline.com
- The Wikipedia entry for the Number-one hits of 1953 (United States)
And the show closes with an excerpt from Les Paul and Mary Ford’s biggest number one hit from 56 years ago that is most aptly the wish for Les Paul Vaya Con Dios (May God Be With You).
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.