Recorded 24 July, 2009
On this episode of With A Voice Like This:
At Any Rate
Almost the entire show is about rights, how artists can and do use them, how managers use them and how big business uses them as well.
- A great example of how artists can take control of what’s happening comes from Paul Natkin’s blog about a Van Halen Contract regarding photography and shooting the band.
- The Joss Stone “Let Them Eat Cake” (my nickname) YouTube video on Artists Paid blog [EDIT: site is no longer viable, I’ve removed the link 06-12-11]
- Here’s the Joss Stone interview with Chelsea Handler [EDIT: The YouTube account that posted this interview has been removed, so I’ve removed the link 06-12-11] that I spoke of in the show but didn’t have the link for. it’s also on YouTube.
- My music at Music Alley on Mevio and on CD Baby
- Article on TorrentFreak and RIAA’s views on DRM
- Article on ars technica about the RIAAs views on DRM going to make a comeback.
- Annie Lin’s excellent article about the Bing jingle contest
News You Can Use
This is a follow up to the last episode’s segment on TalentTrove and how Director of Marketing Jaime McGee responded to that segment in a positive way and how impressed I am with it.
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.