Recorded 3 March 2009
This episode’s guests were Paul Natkin, Interim Executive Director and Dan Lurie, Member of the Board of Directors of the Chicago Music Commission and is about the latest version of the proposed Event Promoter Ordinance as discussed in their March 3 Press Release and blog post. As stated in the show itself, this is not necessarily the final version of the Ordinance to be taken to the City Council for a vote, nor has there been a date set for the vote. The topics covered in this show include:
- A brief overview of the Ordinance itself
- A brief overview of the changes from the last version in July of 2008
The following topics were covered based on the CMC’s Position Statement also made public today:
- The CMC’s 3 objections to the ordinance as currently drafted
- The 3 Fundamental concerns shared by the City and CMC
- The CMC’s 5 Proposed solutions
- Next steps
And lastly an overview of all the programs and offerings currently available through the Chicago Music Commission.
Additional links discussed in the show
- The CMC’s webpage for Event Promoter Ordinance updates
- Paul can be contacted at [email protected]
- Dan can be contacted at [email protected]
In the way of full disclosure, it should be said that I am a member of the Chicago Music Commission’s Board of Advisors.
If you have any comments, questions or suggestions about this or any other episode of With a Voice Like This, you can e-mail me at [email protected], leave a comment here or call the Comments from the Podcast Gallery voicemail line at 630.492.0487 and leave your thoughts there.
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.