Recorded 23 March 2010
This episode of With A Voice Like This is about the changes ReverbNation has made in the past couple of months.
News You Can Use
I take a look at the four changes/new additions to ReverbNation since 29 January 2010:
- The complete redesign of the website
- The launch of the company blog
- The new digital distribution packages announced 22 March 2010
- The Reverb Store announced 24 February 2010 for print on demand merch with partner Audiolife
I also take the time dot a little compare and contrast with a couple of services I’ve used to this point and see how ReverbNation‘s services stack up against them.
- I compare the digital distro packages with my experiences with both SellMusicDirect.com (A print on demand site no longer in existence) and CDBaby.com and take a look at their offerings, pricing structures and payment to artists [Note: I made an assumption about ReverbNation‘s package pricing, simply because turnaround time was too short before the live show to get a clarification when I found the source of my confusion, but I think I got it right].
- I then compare both CDBaby and mainly Zazzle.com to the new Reverb Store and again look at their offerings and pricing structure
One Last Thing
This is the last week to enter the contest for a free digital download of the Toy Block Music EP Eats Paste, to be released April 1, live drawing to be held on Episode 130. Just tell me your favorite children’s song from your childhood and you’re entered. You can enter in one of 5 ways:
- Put it in the comments of the show notes
- Post it on the wall of the With A Voice Like This Facebook Fan page
- Call the Comments from the Podcast Gallery voicemail line at 630.492.0487(standard calling rates apply)
- Use the Google Voice link on WithAVoiceLikeThis.com to have the Comments from the Podcast Gallery voicemail line call you
- Send an e-mail to [email protected]
[Edit: I just realized I incorrectly called ReverbNation’s partner in the Reverb Store “Audiofile”. They are correctly identified in these show notes as “Audiolife”. My apologies]
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.