Recorded 02 March 2010
This episode of With A Voice Like This is a very special interview with Joanna Quargnali-Linsley of Toy Block Music and Misery Loves Co. about the March 4th preview of the EP Eats Paste to be released April 1st of this year.
Joanna tells us about the overall project and how it came about, how the charity Pager was chosen to receive a portion of the profits from the sale of the EP and some of the different experiences. A few of the artists who appear on the EP called in as well to talk about their part in the process (as well as tell a few stories) and best of all? I got to play clips from 6 of the 7 songs that will appear on the April 1st EP release. Here are the songs on the EP and their respective artists:
- Oh Susannah – artist is Arlen Ginsburg ( Website – Facebook Fan page) [Monica DaSilva – vocals (Website – MySpace page)]
- Wheels on the Bus – Olin Langley (MySpace page) and SpaceFace
- Crawdad Man – Austin Collins and the Rainbirds (Website – MySpace page)
- There was an Old Woman – Anna Soltys (Facebook Fan page – MySpace page)
- The Cat Came Back – Alex Sanders (Facebook Fan Page for The Texas Funerals – Facebook Fan page for The Quincy Not-So-Fine Arts Society) and The MeowTones
- Wynken, Blynken and Nod – Stereo Sinai (Website – Facebook Fan page – MySpace page)
And here’s the seventh track on the EP, just recorded two days before the show, so a mix wasn’t available.
- Alice the Camel – David Kav (Website)
For more information about GERD and Infant reflux disease , you can go to
Other sites mentioned in the show
One more thing…
If you’re listening closely in the show, I took it as a personal challenge to find a musical joke in the Toy Block Logo and I won. What did I win? A free copy of the Eats Paste EP. But I’m not going to keep it…Oh no, I’m going to figure out a way to give it away to a lucky listener. Got any ideas? Leave me a comment and we’ll see what happens.
Listen above or download by right clicking and saving.